1. Prepare the sauce by mixing ingredients and set aside
2. Remove stem end and string from each sugar snap pea pod
3. Chop carrots into thin strips (same length as snap pea pods)
4. Heat olive oil in sauté pan over high to medium heat and add chopped garlic, shrimp, carrot, sugar snap peas and black pepper to taste. Toss occasionally for 3 minutes.
5. Add sauce (and red chili pepper if desired) and toss for another 1.5 minutes.
6. Turn off heat and sprinkle with chopped scallions and white sesame seeds.
7. Serve with a bowl of warm rice!